Did you have a wonderful Christmas? I do hope so, and that you've had a magical start to 2017. Here at Vanroe HQ we had a lovely surprise just before the festive break - our mirrors featured in the Stylist magazine! You might remember that I was asked by Yell Business to photograph my desk... well, the story was picked up by Stylist... And my photo ran on the front page of their website!
You can read the full piece about fantastic women entrepreneurs at Successful Self-Made Women Reveal What's In Their Desks. Here's what's in mine....
- Fresh inspiration from my garden: ”Anything green on these autumn days!”
- Favourite oil colours ”I used to paint my designs.”
- Postcards and magazine clippings ”They’re great for ideas.”
- Brushes ”These are pound shop 'nail art' brushes that I paint with.”
- Compact mirrors ”These are samples from my latest collection, decorated with my illustrations.”
- Hair pins ”...because my fringe is usually in my eyes!”
- Lipstick “In case I have a meeting.”
- Nibs and block ink ”I'm learning calligraphy.”
- Lavender oil ”This stuff solves everything.”
- Mobile Phone ”I use my ancient, trusted Nokia as it gets the best reception for client chats and it’s healthier for me than a smartphone. Far less email, more books on long train journeys. I find I take fewer photos too, which helps me keep in the moment, rather than oversharing on FB and Instagram.”
All my love for a brilliant January x